Monday, April 27, 2009

There is a reason I don't wear a lot of makeup

Because when I cry (which happens quite frequently, for those of you that don't know me that well), it just ruins the makeup. I mean really - what a waste!

Now, in all seriousness:

Are you ready?

Are you sure?

Okay, here goes.

Guess who was discharged from the hospital?

Yep! You guessed it, Stellan was given the okay to go home!!! He and his (Mck)Mama will fly home -- on a commercial flight mind you -- tomorrow. I can hardly believe it.

STELLAN LIVES!

I have to tell you, and you probably won't be shocked by this, that I bawled my eyes out like a baby when I read this good news. (Hence the makeup reference.) What I found strangely coincidental - no, appropriate actually - is that the song "How Great is Our God" was playing on my computer playlist when I opened her blog today and read the post. Do you know that song? It's amazing. We sing it in church quite frequently. And, of course, I cry every time. (This past weekend I was able to wipe my tears without any tissues - I think I'm getting better!) Anyway, here is a clip of the song:



AMEN!

I have learned quite a lot through MckMama and baby Stellan. Of course, I am crying as I write this, because the song is playing again. MckMama has helped me learn so much about life, about love, and about trust in God. I am not an overly "religious" person. But I am starting to understand why we should put our trust in God. I learned a saying from MckMama the other day: God is not on Plan B. This is still Plan A. God knows what he is doing, and he will provide! Stellan was put on this world for more than the MckFamily. I truly believe that he was put on this world for a much greater purpose. God bless you Stellan.

1 comment:

  1. Love your new blog!

    I don't think God wants us to be "overly religious." But rather to trust him, as you're talking about. To have a relationship with him where we lean on him. I think it's so great how God has used his "plan A" with Stellan to help so many people learn more, like you're doing :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments