Friday, May 29, 2009

Hold me closer tiny dancer

Mark and I finally uploaded Elisabeth's ballet recital videos. Get out your popcorn and prop up your feet, and prepare to be razzle-dazzled.

I still get choked up when I watch these videos. Not because they're sad or sappy, but because our little Elisabeth is growing up. And fast. She starts Kindergarten in the fall. Holy moly. How is it possible that we are about to enter into the school years? Don't get me wrong - we are like, soooo excited that she is entering this new chapter. Look out stinky cafeteria and sweaty gym locker room, here comes Elisabeth!!!

Anyway, here are the long-awaited videos. Keep in mind that the recital happened while Mark was still in the hospital. So Mark's mom came with me and Sydney. And I am truly impressed with the amount of focus Elisabeth had on stage, all things considered. She even told me on our way to the library today as we passed the building that her recital was in that she loooooved being on the stage. And yet, she says she hates ballet. Go figure.

Do you remember the YouTube sensation "The Evolution of Dance"? (If you know Mark, I highly recommend you watch the clip. Even if you've seen it before. The likeness of this guy to Mark is uncanny! Elisabeth even said "hey, that looks just like my daddy" when I showed it to her.) All of the spring dance classes collaborated and put on their own version of the Evolution of Dance. It's worth watching.

You can't really see Elisabeth (she's the third on the left, with an extra band of orange across her waist - I had no idea which she was when they started dancing so I taped everyone) but the whole group of girls dancing somewhat chaotically but very enthusiastically is 100% priceless!!




And here is our little tap dancer with her two dance classmates. Elisabeth is on the right. For as much as she says she hated ballet (the teacher was 'mean' - but truly not! and her legs always hurt), she looked pretty good! You also get to see little Sydney at the beginning and end of this video, asking about her big sis "ay-yah" (aka ellie).



***sigh.***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments