Thursday, June 18, 2009

Dreams

Freud would have a field day with this one.

********

Mark had a dream last night that I was walking right down the middle of two side-by-side piers that were on a river.

One was wood, the other concrete.

One was also shorter than the other.

I was kind of straddling them both.

When I got to the point where one of the two ended, I fell in and went under.

He freaked, and stood there debating what to do.

Because I could either be at the bottom of the river, or the river could have pulled me downstream.

He debated and debated:

Does he go in to save me, thus risking his own life and leaving our children with NO parents?

Or does he let me go, knowing that at least our children would still have one parent?

He chose to let me go, for the sake of our children.

********

Oh.My.Gosh. I am SO glad I wasn't present for that dream. Well, you know what I mean.

We talked about his dream this morning as we got ready to start the day. It's quite obvious to us both that the dream was about Charlie.

I'm actually glad that he had this dream.

Tuesday happened so fast, and because I was the only one at the vet's office that morning, Mark and I had to quickly make the decision over the phone. It was hard! I was left with a fear that I had coaxed Mark into doing something that he didn't want to do.

Well, I didn't want to either, but again - you know what I mean.

It was good to talk and conclude that we are both on the same sending-Charlie-to-heaven page.

Feel free to call us Mr. and Mrs. Freud.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments