Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Kindergarten Screening


Elisabeth took Mark and I on a walk down the road yesterday to her new school, where she had an appointment for Kindergarten screening!

We walked in and immediately met her new teacher, Miss Mason. Miss Mason is exactly what I would have asked for in a teacher, had I been given the choice. She is cute, young, very caring, and is obviously loved by the other parents, as we heard things like "Oh honey, you've got Miss MAAAASON! That's who your big brother Johnnnnny had!" while we were there yesterday. And according to her facebook profile picture (which I did NOT purposely stalk out. Okay, I did. Can you blame me? I just wanted to make sure she wasn't a total wacko!) she likes to accessorize with cute green scarves and she drinks Starbucks iced coffees. I'm liking her better by the minute!

So Miss Mason took Elisabeth into her new classroom and quizzed her on her numbers, letters and shapes. Elisabeth got to see a lot of cool things like brand new crayons and pencils in her new classroom. She also got to check out her very own locker, which already has her name on it! (darnit! I said I wasn't going to get choked up again, and here I am, getting choked up.)

Mark and I stayed behind and filled out paperwork. One of the forms asked what the primary means of getting home from school would be, and out of six boxes, I checked three. That's right, three. The administrator came over and as I joked about my not having the ability to check one, she joked even harder and said "Ah, I see we have an overachiever here!"

My reply: "I would be more likely to call myself an indecider than an overachiever. Do you want me to start over and fill out a new sheet with just the primary means?"

Her response (with a friendly smile): "Oh, NO! I'm going to keep this and give it to Miss Mason. She'll get a real kick out of it!"

Great. I've already got a reputation, and school hasn't even officially started yet!

Anyway, Elisabeth did great. She came back out with Miss Mason and looked so happy and excited. AHHH. What a sigh of relief! And she proudly came home wearing her special nametag:




Gosh I love this kid! Don't tell her I figured it out, but I think she might love us too. :)

1 comment:

  1. What a fun time for you and your family...especially your daughter!

    ReplyDelete

Comments