Tuesday, November 24, 2009

In the words of Miss Piggy...

...Christmas is coming! (and the goose is getting fat!)

And how do I know Christmas is coming? Because Mark endured a 5 hour battle with a crabapple tree. He has scrapes on his hand. Gouges in his head. There is mud on my kitchen chair. The plastic triangle play thingy was tortured by said kitchen chair as said kitchen chair catapulted Mr. Warrior higher up in the tree.

Yes, it was an epic battle.









But in the end, Mark the Christmas Warrior won out. Or did the tree? Or did I? Or did the neighbors?







I think it's fair to call it win-win.  I love our pretty tree. It's a sure sign that Christmas is coming!  Let the baking and visiting and decorating and christmas card writing and caroling and shopping and (sometimes stressing) and praying and celebrating begin.

PS - I've been singing John Denver and the Muppets for a week straight, hence the Miss Piggy reference. Best CD ever. Elisabeth now sings it with me.  What more could a mom who was born in the Muppet era ask for?

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I am excited for Christmas this year. I think Will is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just caught up on your past few blogs. love to read them. i also LOVE john denver & the muppets christmas album. growing up we actually had it on ALBUM. think i'll need to get it on cd now.

    ReplyDelete

Comments