Tuesday, February 2, 2010

It's all about the chase, people.

Did you catch the wolf moon last weekend? We did -- it was AMAZING! We were driving through the country, and there was this ginormous red ball of fire set behind a farm. It took me a while to figure out what it was until we got closer to the barn and the red ball moved and suddenly had a familiar face.



WOW!


So I made Mark pull over so I could take a picture and capture the moment.


FYI, the picture above is NOT mine. It came from someone much more prepared than me at flickr. I have no idea who they are but their picture is amazing, and pretty much captures what we saw.

THIS my friends, this little beauty is what I captured via my fancy Crackberry phone:



(Really? Can they really call it a camera if that's what it captures?)  

I'm telling you, that moon was huge - why does it look like a speck of dust - or maybe even a louse if you look carefully - more than it does the giant moon that stood right in front of us?

I was bummed that I didn't have a better camera with me because I'm suuuuuure I'd be able to capture the same beauty* that my flickr friend did so beautifully. Sigh. If only I had brought my equipment, the picture would have been as breathtaking as the actual moment was.

*totally joking. there is no way I could replicate that kind of picture - it's awesome!

The next night after dinner we bundled up and headed out the door in hopes of finding the same beautiful blazing red wolf moon again, except it was cloudy and snowy.  We tried. We tried hard.  We drove and drove and drove.  And somehow our car and my fantastic full-moon-finding-inner-gps-skills led us straight to another beautiful spot.



And it was SO worth the chase!

1 comment:

  1. I think there's something about the optical illusion that makes the moon look like that that a camera is not able to catch normally. I wish I knew how to take pictures like that too. I always fail miserably, guess I'll just stick to pictures of my kids because those ALL look beautiful to me ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments