Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Birds of a feather

Some of you who know me well would say that I'm stubborn. But let's call it spirited instead, shall we? 

And most of you who know Elisabeth would say that she is spritedly stubborn as well. 

She and I are two of a kind. As stubborn and spirited as they get.  Which is why when I heard the following story about a recent stay at Grandma's house, I had a newfound appreciation for my eldest's ability to get out of anything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Scene: Grandma and Elisabeth, snuggling in bed together. Way past Elisabeth's bedtime, but I won't get into that. 

It was a dark and stormy night...

(okay, not really dark and stormy)

Grandma:  Now Elisabeth, if you are going to stay at Grandma's house, you need to behave.

Elisabeth: Why?

Grandma: Because if you don't (insert grumbly "Where the Wild Things Are" monstery voice that only my mom can do so well), I'm going to tie you to the tree outside!

Elisabeth: That's okay Gwamma, because the birds will just eat the string off of me for their nests, and then I'll come back inside!

Insidious laughter ensues by all.  End scene.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


That's my girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments