Sunday, July 25, 2010

Crouching tiger. Hidden sister.




One day last week when I picked up the girls at daycare all of the kids in Elisabeth's class had their faces painted.  It was actually really confusing trying to sort through a sea of bloody monster faced boys and beautiful bright kitty faced girls.  It took me a while to find my own tiger.



Sydney more than freaked when she saw Elisabeth.  She's had quite an overactive imagination going lately (she sees a scary ghost boy to be exact but who's keeping track?) and this didn't help matters!  It took a while for me to pry her fingernails out of my arm and get her to stop screaming and it took a lot of coaxing by Elisabeth as she tried to reassure Sydney that it was still her loving big sister underneath the "scary" mask.  Eventually Sydney warmed up to her kitty-cat sister when she realized the kitty was coming home with us instead of the usual Elisabeth, and they are now loving siblings again.



  Thank the lord. Because I love watching my children transform into a giggling push-me-pull-you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments