Saturday, August 28, 2010

Enjoy the moment.

I took this picture on Thursday, Elisabeth's first full day of school.  She had a writing exercise to work on and decided to sit in the old school chair that came from my mother in law's farmhouse that was recently torn down.


Do you see the baby in the picture above Elisabeth's head? That's Elisabeth when she was 6 months old.

Time flies by so fast, doesn't it? It's just crazy to me that this big girl who does her homework sitting in an old schoolchair was once so little.  How on earth did that happen?  I am not sure which age I love more. I love almost* each and every stage/age that Elisabeth has been through.

*Except the 3.5 to 4.5 age. That stage I could have done without.

How does a tiny baby grow to be an independent child who doesn't need help working on her penmanship homework? How does that happen so fast? It is moments like this when I realize that another 6 years will flash past me with barely a blink of the eye.  She'll be almost 13 then.  Thirteen! I have to take these moments to remind myself to slow down and enjoy the craziness.  If she has gone from being a baby to being a first grader in a flash, she'll probably be grown up and married before we know it too.

Enjoy the moment.

It'll be gone before you know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments