Tuesday, February 15, 2011

It's not just the blog that I am behind on

Because let's face it, I'm behind. Really behind.  But the good news is that I don't just suck at the blog, I'm much more well-rounded than that.  I also suck at planning birthday parties on time.  Elisabeth's birthday is almost 2 months past and we just finally had her kids' party.

But I made cupcakes, so that counts for something right? No? Did I mention that they had orange frosting and sparkly pink sprinkles on top? And that I bought a fancy cupcake carrier to transport them? That definitely counts for something.


Elisabeth's 7th birthday party was at color Me Mine, a paint your own pottery place.  We have a pretty big collection of pottery from this awesome store.   


We had eleven 7-year olds in a private party room.  Eleven 7-year old girls is not necessarily a lot. I mean, first grade teachers do it all the time, except they usually have eleven 7-year old boys thrown in the mix as well.  But when you throw these eleven girls in a party room without their teacher? 

Break out the earplugs, because they. are. loud.  

I mean, LOUD

Oddly enough, photos don't capture the noise.  Somehow the party looks so peaceful through the camera lens.  Maybe I shouldn't have divulged all of that.  I probably could have gotten away with just saying this:

Look at how well-behaved everyone was:






And look at their masterpieces, ready to be glazed.  Beautiful!  I was awe-struck at the creativity in the room.  Each piece was so uniquely beautiful.  I don't know why my creativity is so stunted sometimes.  These kids had no problem painting.  They put the brush to the plate and happily created their works of art.  And screamed and giggled and spoke in slight teenager-valley-girl accents while doing it.

Like, totally.


And then they sang Happy Birthday complete with the craziest lyrics, some of which I don't think should be repeated, and they ate their beautiful cupcakes:




And everyone went home happy.  Except for the one kid who said to me "HEY! Where's our goody bags?"  Patience may not be a virtue for seven year olds, but the plate is coming, my dear, I promise.

I didn't take a picture of my expression when I was asked about the goody bags, but maybe I should have!  I think that one would have translated equally as well through the camera lens...

In any case, Happy Birthday to our sweet Elisabeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments