Friday, May 8, 2009

Ahead of the curve. And a beauty tip.

Remember when I told you about Elisabeth's first black eye at the age of 5?

Well Sydney has got Elisabeth beat by 3.5 years.

This picture was taken on Day 2. And of course, Day 3 is picture day at daycare. Such perfect timing, as always.

I will let those of you who have endured the Icepack vs. Toddler battle in on a little secret: Forgo the ice for egg white. That's right, egg white. Not only is it cold on the skin, it's also a lot gentler to repeatedly dab on vs. fighting to keep an icepack on your child's face. And also takes the swelling down quicker. And gives them a great skin tightening facial. My neighbor's mother happened to witness alongside me the bridge of Sydney's nose meeting the bottom edge of the slide as she fearlessly slid down on her belly. And the jelly bean sized bump that popped up instantaneously right between the eyes. She very calmly told me to get an egg white and I thought "what on earth is she talking about? egg white? how about ICE!" She proceeded to tell me that she grew up in Poland, where they didn't have ice cubes, so this is what they did.

And I will tell you, it works! I wonder if she knows which food product can cover up a black eye...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments