Wednesday, May 13, 2009

One gigantic bubble

I had a sort of awakening this morning as I was watching the morning news. Have you heard about the toddler that got the pencil lodged in his neck, just barely missing his carotid artery, in a freak accident at the playground?

Thank God he is okay!

I immediately thought back to the silly injuries and black eyes my children have gotten recently and started thinking "This is why I would like to live in a bubble." Then I wouldn't have to worry so much, because the accidents wouldn't happen in the first place.

But then I started thinking about Mark's heart attack. Bubble or not, the heart attack was going to happen. So much for that theory.

Here's where my morning coffee kicked in. Are you ready?

What if we are in fact all living in a bubble already? One huge, larger than earth, unpoppable bubble. What if God is our bubble? After all, this is still Plan A, right? That's not going to change. God is not on Plan B. Whatever He has in store for us has already been decided. But His bubble is here to give us comfort in our time of need. He will protect us and give us the strength that we need to get through, as long as we trust Him and His almighty bubble.

I'm still struggling with the fact that the words heart attack have been added to our life's vocabulary. Now I'm a soccer mom and wife to a man who's had a heart attack. At the age of 37. But that is okay, because Mark is fine, and we are learning from this experience. In so many ways. More than I could probably express to you, and maybe I will do so in another post, at another time. But for now, for the literal - we have learned what a heart attack looks and feels like. We have learned that Mark will just need to be extra proactive with his health. We have learned that every day is a blessing. We will learn a new normal - one that's not too far off from our old normal, but again, in so many ways is different. We will survive this. We already have.

2 comments:

  1. This is a great post! Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts and your heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! You're welcome. I'll share my heart, but I won't share Mark's (literally, of course). ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments