Monday, June 22, 2009

Intelligence runs in the family

We have very intelligent children.

They can remember people's names that they've only met once. I can't even remember people's names that I met 5 minutes ago.

They remember everything, even the things we wish they'd forget.

They can recognize people from miles away.

This last point was proven to us the other day when we went to Milwaukee to hang out with a couple of great friends and to see the Brewers crush the White Sox. (That's what we went to see. Except the opposite happened. Bummer!)

At our friends' house, Sydney kept pointing and saying "guh-guh" and we couldn't figure out what in tarnation she was talking about, until I realized she was pointing to Joel.

And then I connected the guh-guh dots and realized that yes, Joel does indeed look like someone called guh-guh - my Dad!


Like I said, our children are smart. I like to think I'm (fairly) smart. My dad is smart. And Joel is smart. Coincidence? Hmmm, maybe I have a long-lost brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments