Wednesday, June 24, 2009

In the words of Joey Lawrence...

I have lots of soccer pictures to share with you, but first I wanted to show you this one.

Do you remember when I had an epiphany about us living in one giant bubble? Where instead of putting our loved ones inside a protective bubble so they don't get injured, we're all in one giant bubble already? And God is technically that bubble, protecting us and comforting us in our time of need?

Well take a look at Elisabeth's group soccer picture above. Take a closer look. Do you see the blue arc underneath them and the rays of sun around them?

Woah.

I know -- technically this happened because the sun was entering my camera at a pretty bad angle. That and my lens was probably greasy from my budding photographer's fingerprints.

But really? Double woah.

I took this picture only a few days after that epiphany, which is why it struck me with awe. God does work in mysterious ways, even if it is by creating a technicality in a photo.

It's happened to us before. Want to see?

Last summer we were singing and dancing around the room while listening to this VBS song about God being with you wherever you go:



(which by the way, we still sing and listen to - it's catchy!)

And whadyaknow, we look up, and we see this:


I KNOW! I agree - WOAH! Joey Lawrence would probably agree too.

We had never seen the sun shine onto the window like this before, and it pretty much stopped us in our tracks. It reminded us that God is in fact with us wherever we go, whether we see him or not. I find a lot of comfort in that. How about you?

2 comments:

  1. Erin I got chills when I saw your window picture! Grteat blog post and awesome pics there! Bre

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark directed me to this blog of yours.... how beautiful!! Don't you LOVE when He shows His Face to us!!! Or rather, when we aren't too busy, consumed, etc to notice! If He's in your window, He's in the big things too!!! Yeah! (and thanks for posting this! I love to cheer!) :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments