Monday, June 29, 2009

Swimming lessons
An afternoon at the park

We discovered upon arriving at Elisabeth's swimming lessons that they were canceled.

"You know, for the Fourth of July week," the guy behind the counter said.

Never mind the fact that the instructors failed to tell any of us that classes were canceled this week, I didn't know the Fourth of July was a week long celebration?! And how come my company didn't get the memo? Somebody ought to look into that.

So instead of wallow in the fact that we were missing lessons for the best sport ever invented, we decided to meet up with Mark and go to Red Park. It's nicknamed Red Park,well, because it's red. Shocking, I'm sure.


And we had such a great time! (Of which you could see proof, if those crazy bangs {that we're trying to grow out} weren't in the way. Again.)


Elisabeth looks rather pensive in this photo below, doesn't she? In fact, I would probably love this picture, if I didn't know the truth.

It's actually the teenager in her coming out, and her hiding from me. Lately I get a lot of this. Sigh.

When she didn't realize I was snapping photos, she had a ton of fun in these grasses (which by the way I had never noticed before). It's a cool grass maze for the kids to run through!


Elisabeth found a friend in the grasses, and they imagineered an entire house out of the maze. It was quite an impressive pad. Perhaps they have a future at this?


Sydney was not so much a fan of the grasses.


But she love love loved the slide.


Can you see the look of determination in her face here?

That determination took her all the way to the top of the playground, where she boldly plopped herself down and proceeded to go down the mighty scary twisty big kid slide. I'm telling you, this kid is fearless.


And super cute, if I do say so myself!


And the swings were okay. But, like, soooo last year, if you ask Sydney.



I couldn't resist the sweetness of this picture.


{Yes Forrest, life is indeed like a box of chocolates, and I LOVE what we got!}

Especially in black and white. 100% timeless. And pure love.

Anyway, as annoyed as I was at the swimming lessons kid, I sure am glad lessons were canceled this week!

1 comment:

  1. More great photos, you're a good photographer! And I know the hair-in-the-face is annoying, but she'll look so great with grown-out bangs, it'll be worth it! I love how Winter's hair has grown out similarly.

    And I apparently love being first to comment on your blog posts :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments