Wednesday, July 22, 2009

348

Sigh...

As I post these pictures, it makes me want to be back on the river. There is something so magical and peaceful about the water. I seriously think I was a fish in a former life. If I had fins (and gills. and my family also had fins and gills), I would live in or on the water. But for now, my in-laws' fishing boat will do splendidly.


As we started our traditional yet mini adventure (with Mark's dad and one of the girls' cousins) down the mighty Mississippi on our 4th of July weekend, we were not sure Sydney felt the same way about the water.


But eventually we learned that this is just the expression she has when she is taking it all in.



I think the rest of the family might feel the same way I do about the water. In fact, I would guess that a good majority of us feel that way. Maybe it goes back to us being in the womb, surrounded by fluid. All that sloshing (choice word, I know) around in there, being lulled to sleep by the waves and soothing noises as our moms moved around. Who knows. I'm just sayin'...

Anyway.

I wanted to point out here that our cute Elisabeth does in fact have a face behind those bangs, and she does in fact like to smile every now and then. She loooooooves the water. And her daddy loves her. And Sydney still keeps no expression on her face so she can soak it all in.



Even when it's REALLY windy from going so fast!!!


Ahhh. Back to calm water. Elisabeth, our budding photographer, took these next few pictures. This is the picture that really makes me want to stop what I'm doing and head for the nearest vacation spot on the water.





How many more days until the next 4th of July????

348.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments