Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Mr. Swiss Cheese

Mark is going in for a Bubble Echocardiogram today. He has been going in for ECHO's on a fairly routine basis and the last one showed no damage to his heart, but they do think he might have a hole in his heart!

They are going to insert a bubble of saline into his arm and then watch the bubble go into his heart -- if it passes from one ventricle to the other, then they know there is a hole there. If it doesn't, then no hole.

If you think like me, then you are probably wondering if his potential Swiss Cheese Heart was to blame for his heart attack in May. The answer at the moment is no, they are not related.

Word on the street is that a hole in the heart is actually fairly common and no big deal, they just go in and close it up. Still, I can't shake my nerves off. Maybe because we have had nothing but (new) normal in our house for the past 2 months?

So, pray for my sanity, pray that everything goes well with Mark's test, and that the doctors and technicians have the vision to see anything they need to see.

And pray for my sanity. Did I say that one yet???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments