Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!


I'm pleased to announce that I survived the month of October, and only have two new gray hairs to prove it.  So, now I can finally start cleaning my disgusting house again post pictures of our many halloween adventures that I've been patiently (and responsibly, I might add) waiting to share.

First, let's talk fashion: Elisabeth was a witch and Sydney was a chicken this year.  Elisabeth looked ravishing in a mish-mosh of Target (does anybody else besides me read that as "Tar-jay"?) plus one handmade tutu, which was so fun to make!  Sydney was stunning in a hand-me-down costume that Elisabeth wore when she was 3. Old Navy.  Love them!






Among the Halloween festivities was Elisabeth's kindergarten party, which I was lucky enough to help with. Oh my gosh, those kids are so stinking cute. One of my big roles was to pass around a jar of plastic Frankensteins and ask each child to guess the amount. There were 24. I recorded guesses that ranged from 1 all the way to 1 million.  I wish I could help out in the class more often. I could just eat them up.




Here are a slew of neighbor kids and Elisabeth out Trick-or-Treating on Saturday. All of the parents were with us too on the sidelines.  I am not sure why, but the kids stood on this porch for a while waiting for the parents to answer.  Only problem was...it was OUR house! Although the kids got jipped by those loser parents who weren't answering the door, I was provided with a pretty good photo op!




The big event that we look forward to each October is Truck or Treat.  It's on the beach at Crystal Lake and the kids can check out all kinds of city trucks, police cars and fire engines up close and personal. And get candy, of course!














Sydney ran into her doppelganger at Truck or Treat, and it was quite a show.  Both chickens stopped in their tracks and started checking each other out.  Elisabeth actually ran into her chicken doppelganger years ago when she went dressed as a chicken, too. The pictures are almost identical to one another, just a few years apart!



I hope everyone had a happy and safe Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments