Thursday, August 27, 2009

Momarazzi

I just went on a wild goose chase, all to get a few more shots of Elisabeth on her first day of kindergarten. I am now officially a card-carrying member of the Momarazzi.

My adventure started at Kindercare, where Elisabeth attends daycare. They bus her to school, and I wanted to get the iconic getting on the bus picture.

I passed the @#%#$ Kindercare bus on my way to Kindercare.

So I stopped at daycare, where I promptly asked if I had missed them. All four of the ladies chatting in the office said no, they didn't think Miss Gretchen had left yet. So they went to check. Miss Gretchen had left with the kids already.

Seriously? I have an issue with the fact that they didn't even know the kindergartners had all just walked right by them, but that's another post in itself.

So, I let out a squeal of delight and ran out the door. I LOVE an adventure! Although I will admit that I was mentally preparing myself for missing Elisabeth's bus and the ensuing snapshots I was still dreaming about.

Lo and behold, as I was turning left onto the road the school is on, a Kindercare bus was coming at me, and just happened to be turning right onto the same road. Eureka! The pursuit was ON, people.

I made it there before the bus did, so I was able to park my car. I debated staying in my car to take pictures because there didn't appear to be any other crazy moms like myself around (only normal ones that slunk down in their cars to watch their kids go in), but I threw all caution to the wind and got out.

Miss Mason came out, wearing the cutest red plaid dress. I believe it's a prerequisite: in order to be a good Kindy teacher, you must be super cute.

She took the Kindercare kids, and onward they marched, on their own new adventures.

Oh, by the way, I had a good cry when my adventure was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments